Looking for the best WordPress eCommerce Plugins for your store?
WordPress is a prevalent platform for eCommerce websites. In fact, over 60% of all eCommerce websites are powered by this open-source content management system (CMS).
While WordPress started as a simple blogging platform. Over the years it has evolved into the powerful content management system we know today. Powering roughly 30% – 45% of all websites we know of today.
WordPress is playing a crucial role in shaping our internet infrastructure and economy. If you’re someone whose E-commerce business is already powered by this CMS platform or looking to create your own website. This is an exciting time to do so.
The WordPress community of creators and developers has been hard at work, creating some of the best paid and free WordPress plugins. That is geared towards optimizing the platform, adding new exciting features, helping users accomplish specific tasks, and so on.
If you’re not already taking advantage of using powerful WordPress eCommerce plugins. Then you should start straight away and see the difference and boost productivity.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled an informative list of some of the must-have WordPress eCommerce plugins for business websites in 2024.
This list consists of essential plugins for E-commerce websites that will help you add additional functionality and features to your sites. Such as a shopping cart, payment gateway, product gallery, and more.
While compiling this list of the best plugins for e-commerce websites, we’ve taken some key factors into consideration.
What Makes a WordPress Plugin Essential?
When it comes to making a plugin essential, there are a few key factors that you should strongly consider.
1. The first, and most important, is that it needs to be reliable. This means that it will not cause any errors or instability on your site. And that the plugin will function as intended.
2. The plugin must be updated regularly. WordPress is getting regular updates with new features, security enhancements, and bug fixes. So you’ll want to make sure that the plugin you’re choosing to install is compatible with the latest version of WordPress. Which you can verify from the plugin’s WordPress.org page.
3. Only pick the plugin that meets all the requirements or features that you want for your website. Any unnecessary plugins that you don’t need, will only weigh down your WordPress.
4. The plugin must be updated with security patches and feature updates from time to time.
5. Look for well-reviewed and documented plugins. You can be at ease while using a well-reviewed plugin that is being used by many. And documentation is also a plus point if you get into any issues, the documentation will surely come in handy.
6. Support desk backing the plugin can also be a deciding factor. Although the WordPress community is very kind and helpful for those who are seeking help. It is always a better option to get the help you need from the development team who created the plugin in the first place.
If a plugin meets all of these requirements, then it can be considered essential for your overall WordPress site management. There are countless plugins out there, but not all of them are created equal.
So, be sure to do your research before installing just any old plugin!
Best WordPress Ecommerce plugins for 2024
WooCommerce is easily the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress that allows you to set up your own online store. Millions of people are using it worldwide, making it the most popular eCommerce plugin. That is helping WordPress users power their e-commerce websites.
WooCommerce’s popularity can be attributed to many factors, including its overall intuitive user experience.
For starters, it’s free and open source. WooCommerce features all the necessary features in an intuitive package. Which is great for getting an online shop up and running in no time.
Whether you’re launching a brand new online business or taking a traditional brick-and-mortar store online, WooCommerce has you covered. With its industry-leading feature set and expertise.
Additionally, WooCommerce is highly customizable, so you can configure it to fit your brand identity with minimum effort. It even offers in-house Woo extension programs and themes for more features and functionality.
- Search and filter options for products.
- It allows the sale of digital or physical goods and services.
- Built-in and extensions to integrate additional features.
- Notifications and alerts.
- Product variations and detailed information can be added.
- Add external links and affiliate products.
Note: Check out this handy guide on – How to Add Products to a WooCommerce Store.
ShopReady is the perfect WooCommerce builder for Elementor. This has to be one of the best WordPress plugins for business websites. Due to its feature pack e-commerce business website building capabilities.
ShopReady – WooCommerce shop builder offers 105+ functionality-focused widgets that allow you to create responsive marketplaces. With all the elements and functions required for running a successful e-commerce platform.
ShopReady offers stunning WooCommerce shop templates that will help you start up a professional e-commerce website in minutes. With ShopReady, you can easily add products, customize your shop pages, and create a shopping experience that your customers will love to come back for more.
For example, by using a combination of a ShopReady WooCommerce shop template from the Template Library module. And the Custom Checkout widget, you can treat your customers to an attractive checkout page that is sure to bring in more orders.
- 105+ Widgets for the best WooCommerce shop building experience.
- High-customizable and fully integrated with the Elementor page builder.
- The Template Library module comes with meticulously crafted demos, headers, footers, & blocks.
- The ability to integrate and create forms from all the popular form builders and mailing services such as MailChimp, Contact Form 7, WPForms, weForms, etc.
- The ability to add social share icons and share buttons for product promotion.
- Widgets for important E-Commerce functions such as quick view, cart, checkout, quick buy, wishlist, etc.
- Additionally, ShopReady features 23+ modules to maximize customization.
- ExchangeRate API connected currency switcher. It enables you to convert your entire website to any currency with a single click.
Check out this amazing WooCommerce pre-set shop demo.
Easy Digital Downloads is a powerful page builder alternative to WooCommerce. Where WooCommerce is designed and built for selling both digital and physical goods.
Easy Digital Downloads is a purpose-built plugin for digital e-commerce websites that are selling ebooks, software, themes, plugins, PDFs, music, graphics, digital artwork, videos, etc.
Easy Digital provides all the necessary functions in a lightweight package with an easy-to-use intuitive layout.
From inventory to built-in affiliate systems to customer management, everything is seamlessly integrated to handle digital goods and services.
- Ability to integrate with all the popular payment system vendors such as Paypal, GooglePay, etc.
- Ability to create admin and customer dashboards.
- RESTful API enables developers to access sales and product information in JSON or XML format.
- Detailed data tracking and bookkeeper manager.
Customers will automatically come back to your website for further purchases if their purchasing experience remains good. Here WP Guidant is always ready to help you. It’s a guided selling process plugin for the WooCommerce website.
This powerful plugin will help you to create an effective purchasing funnel for your customers. They can easily find their desired product or services by following the guide. You can create the guide with an unlimited number of filters.
It has three different types of options for creating filters such as –
Choose the filter type based on your demand. Each filter type is important for specific purposes. For example, you want to show the price range in your guide. So you can use the sliders to do that. Also, the forms are efficient to generate leads from customers.
However, WP Guidant has the option for customizing the color of the guides and filters. So you can design the guides depending on your website’s requirements.
Also, this plugin has 10+ efficient guide templates for users. They can just import the template and use them as a guide on their website. Finally, we can say that it’s effective for the WordPress eCommerce platform.
- Create multi-step guides for online stores.
- Advanced funneling process with various filters.
- Pre-generated templates for the guides.
- Integrated with famous tools and plugins.
- Fully functional on the multi-lingual website.
All-in-One SEO is easily one of the most popular WordPress plugins that assist you on your website’s SEO journey.
AIO SEO helps you to optimize your e-commerce website for search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, etc., Making it easier for customers to find your website on SERPs.
It also provides detailed analytics on your website so you can see how your site is performing on search engine platforms.
Out of all the WordPress SEO plugins, this one offers the most comprehensive solution with all the features and tools, that you need to improve your website’s SEO performance.
- Easy integration with eCommerce sites.
- Optimized titles for Google, Bing, and other search engines.
- Generated Meta Tags.
- PHP7 compatible.
- Easy website sitemap submission function to Google and Bing.
- By supporting AMP (accelerated mobile pages), AIO SEO allows you to increase mobile search traffic.
Yoast SEO is a brilliant on-page SEO plugin that offers detailed SEO information for your blogs and posts.
Yoast SEO plugin can help you identify SEO ranking-reducing factors on your blogs and posts. And provides you with essential information on how to fix on-page SEO errors.
Yoast also works as a writing assistant by analyzing blog posts and highlighting repetitive content. And provides a dedicated tab to highlight readability scores with context.
It also does a great job of providing a live view of how your metadata will appear on Google. With separate fields to feed in focus keyphrases, meta descriptions, etc.
- Easy to use for novice users, with a descriptive dashboard.
- Yoast provides backlink monitoring.
- You can specify your focus keyword/keyphrase for each page/post separately.
- The intuitive dashboard provides SEO analysis that highlights issues and missing SEO requirements. This works as an ultimate WordPress website SEO launch checklist.
- Provides internal linking suggestions. Which is important for redirecting visitors to other web pages.
- Ability to share web content with Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Cards using Yoast’s social media features.
- In addition to all of its amazing features, it hosts the largest WordPress resource site for SEO.
WPForms is a simple plugin that allows users to create different types of forms for different use cases for their e-commerce WordPress websites.
This powerful tool can be used to create contact forms, order forms, news forms, and any other must-have form format for e-commerce websites.
It is simple to use and provides users with a variety of features that can help them improve the usability of their forms.
One of WPForms’ brilliant key features is its drag-and-drop form builder. Which makes it easy to create forms without having to go through the hassle of coding for kind of form blocks or fields.
The plugin also includes a variety of prest form templates that can be used to save time and ensure that your forms are consistent & functional.
- With its custom form builder, users can create customized forms and surveys as per their requirements.
- Forms created with this form builder are responsive and will function properly on any mobile device.
- You can collect payments and submissions from users with WPForms.
- The forms are automatically saved as you work on them.
- There are tons of add-ons available to extend the functionality of WPForms.
Interested in creating a membership or customer community on your e-commerce website, then the MemberPress plugin is the perfect tool for you.
This functionality-driven plugin allows you to create and manage your membership site and easily integrate this function into any existing website with ease.
It’s a great option for anyone looking to create a subscription-based service, and it comes with a ton of features that make it easy to get started.
With MemberPress, you can control everything from your site’s look and feel to the content that’s available to the registered members.
You can also set up payment processing gateways and track member activity with full moderation.
If all this sounds enticing and you want to create a special community section on your WooCommerce website, then MemberPress is definitely the best WordPress premium plugin for you.
- It’s easy to create, manage, and moderate a community on any WordPress website.
- It provides the ability to set up payment processing gateways and subscription plans.
- Control access to content and restrict content by membership level.
- Manage member profiles and view activity logs.
- Provides the ability to integrate connections to PayPal, PayPal Express, Stripe, etc.
MonsterInsights is an insightful plugin that enables you to collect analytical SEO data on website traffic. It provides Analytical insights into your audience. Their browsing behavior online, and how they interact with your e-commerce website.
The information provided by this tool can help you optimize your online storefront with optimized product showcases, creating effective messaging, better product selection for the checkout process, etc.
Monsterinsights provides you with real-time statistical data on your customer’s behavior, referral and link tracking, and data on visitor interactions with your blog posts, product, etc.
- It’s a quick setup tool with easy Google Analytics connectivity.
- You can keep track of your data after switching themes.
- Real-time statistical data is displayed via the WordPress dashboard.
- Ads tracking tracks your ad performance for Google Adsense.
- Help you track downloads and keep tabs on them.
- You can get reports on authors, custom post types, SEO scores, and more.
- Google Analytics Performance Tracking – Configure the performance rate and sample rate.
- Provides reliable affiliate and outbound link tracking with informative analysis.
WP Rocket is the best caching plugin to speed up your WordPress website. This plugin is easy to use and comes with tons of features that are geared toward helping speed up WordPress websites.
Once installed, the plugin will automatically start caching your website’s pages and posts. It also allows the option to select specific pages or posts to be cached manually.
- WP Rocket caches your website’s pages and posts. So that these pages load faster on visitors’ devices.
- WP Rocket stores static files in the visitor’s browser, for optimal cache management.
- WP Rocket compresses your website’s files with Gzip compression.
- WP Rocket is integrated with Cloudflare, so you can speed up your website even more.
- WP Rocket is compatible with WordPress multisite installations.
- WP Rocket is compatible with WooCommerce, so you can speed up your online store.
- The plugin receives regular updates & bug fixes.
The GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin is one of the best plugins for WordPress websites that helps comply with privacy laws like GDPR and CCPA. It offers several features to ensure your website complies with these rules by managing cookies and user consent.
The GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin offers customizable banners to match the website theme and provides pre-built templates. With this plugin, you can automatically scan cookies, add them to the cookie list, and display the cookie list on the website using a shortcode, making it easier to track them.
The plugin has the option of showing the cookie banner only to EU visitors based on their IP addresses, ensuring compliance with regional laws. It also allows you to categorize cookies by purpose and lets users consent only for specific categories. Plus, it keeps a log of visitor consent details for your records.
- Provides fully customizable banners to match your website’s theme
- Scans your website for cookies automatically and creates a list
- Automatically blocks third-party cookie scripts until visitors give consent
- Shows the cookie banner only to EU visitors based on their IP addresses
- Keeps a detailed log of visitor consents, including cookie details, timestamps, and anonymized IP addresses
- Allows easy export of this log to a CSV file
- Supports ten languages and works seamlessly with popular multi-lingual plugins
Ninja Forms is another great drag-and-drop WordPress form builder plugin that is designed and built to provide an enriched form-building experience for the masses.
With this simple drag-and-drop builder, you’re able to build and implement your own forms.
Or use one of its many pre-built form templates and customize it further to fit your e-commerce business needs.
The Ninja Form builder allows users to choose from a variety of preset form fields, and the plugin will automatically insert the form into your post or page. You can also easily manage your submissions through the admin panel.
- Offers a wide range of form fields, including text boxes, drop-down menus, checkboxes, and more.
- Easy to use multi-page form.
- Easy management of submissions through the WordPress admin panel.
- Built-in spam protection system.
- Ninja Forms is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant.
- Mobile responsive, so it looks great on any screen.
For an e-commerce business, email marketing is essential. If you’re not utilizing it properly, you’re likely leaving a significant amount of potential revenue untapped. And when it comes to email marketing automation, FluentCRM sets a new standard!
This dynamic plugin was dedicatedly built to serve WordPress-based e-commerce businesses, and consistently empowering thousands of small businesses. It comes with an incredibly user-friendly dashboard and an intuitive design that makes marketing automation more accessible than ever before.
From lead collection and segmentation to build an automated lead generation funnel FluentCRM offers an all-in-one solution. Besides, it provides dynamic statistics such as open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates to keep you consistently on track.
- FluentCRM facilitates effortless email lead collection
- Its dynamic segmentation feature ensures subscribers are appropriately categorized
- Through its array of powerful email campaign tools, you can automate your entire email campaign
- Detailed reporting is integrated into FluentCRM
- It offers both a free version and an affordable premium version
OptinMonster is the perfect tool for increasing your website’s conversion rate by capturing email addresses and adding them to your mailing list. Which in turn helps you with market analysis and insights.
It’s easy to use and integrates seamlessly with all major email service platforms. It also comes with a wide range of features that can be customized to suit your specific needs.
This will allow you to improve your e-commerce marketing strategy and make educated marketing moves. OptinMonster also provides automatic actions on your website, targeting personalized offers and coupons.
- This plugin allows you to capture customer email addresses and helps create a mailing list.
- Helps increase your website’s conversion rate by adding subscribers to your mailing list.
- OptinMonster comes with a lot of features that can be customized to suit WordPress websites.
- Integrates seamlessly with all major mailing service platforms.
- Helps create personalized and targeted promotional campaigns.
When it comes to recovering lost sales, the WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery WooCommerce extension is one of the best. This handy plugin can help you recover a significant amount of lost sales through automated email marketing.
The extension works by tracking when a user abandons their cart, and then sending them reminder emails urging them to complete their purchase.
The email can be customized, and you can even set up automated follow-ups to increase the chances of recovering the sale.
Overall, the WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery extension is a valuable tool for any online store owner.
In addition to the remainder of emails, owners can also include coupons and discounts to increase the chance of closing the sale. If you’re looking for a way to boost your sales, this extension is definitely worth considering.
- You can specify the time period after which a cart will be considered abandoned.
- Users who are not registered can also reclaim their carts.
- After a certain amount of time, all the items will be removed from the cart.
- When an abandoned cart is converted into a purchase, administrators can be notified via email.
- Create several types of emails for your e-commerce website.
- Dynamically insert users’ and abandoned cart information into emails.
- Personalized targeted emails can be created with ease.
- Add discounts and coupons to each type of email that has been specified.
Websites are susceptible to crashes and data loss. No matter how well you take care of your site, there’s always a chance that something could go wrong.
That’s why it’s important to have a backup plan in place so you can restore your site if something does happen.
UpdraftPlus will help you with backing up your website’s crucial data. This WordPress backup plugin makes it easy to create backups of your site on multiple cloud storage platforms.
And helps restore your data back when needed. It’s free to use and comes with several features that make it a valuable asset to have for any e-commerce site owner.
- The ability to create manual or automatic backups of your eCommerce database.
- The ability to schedule backups.
- Store database backups off-site on cloud storage services – Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, etc.
- The ability to restore backups with just a few clicks, and recover all of your WordPress data.
- Support for multisite WordPress.
When it comes to returns and warranties, your WooCommerce website customers should receive the best hassle-free automated service.
With this Return and Warranty Management System for WooCommerce plugin, you can easily manage all aspects of returns and warranties from a single, scaleable, centralized platform.
From creating return and warranty policies to processing returns and issuing refunds. This functionality-driven automated system makes it easy to keep track of everything in one place.
Since the program is integrated with WooCommerce, you can rest assured that your data will always be up-to-date and accurate.
Whether you’re a small business just getting started with online sales or a large enterprise with an extensive eCommerce operation. This plugin for WooCommerce can help you streamline your returns and warranty processes, and save you time and money while at it.
- From a single platform, you can create and manage return and warranty policies.
- Integrated with WooCommerce, it keeps you up to date on your accounts.
- Hassle-free processing of returns and issuing refunds.
- Track everything in one place for easy reference.
- Save time and money with streamlined return and warranty processing.
- Excellent customer support desk.
Crisp is a new way of dealing with live chat support by setting up a live chatbot that helps you communicate with your customers in real-time.
With Crisp, you can easily manage customer support tickets, track customer engagement, initiate initial communication with the customer, and more. Plus, you can use Crisp’s chatbot to automate your customer support process.
Plus, you can use Crisp’s chatbot to automate your customer support process. This can save you a lot of time and effort in the long run and help you provide a better overall experience for your customers.
In addition to all of the straightforward functions of this chatbot plugin for WordPress, you also create your unique customized live chatbot using Crisp Live Chat’s chatbot builder.
- Streamlines the managing customer support ticketing process.
- It helps track and initiate customer engagement.
- Crisp helps its users set up and integrate a chatbot system with ease.
- It helps save time, effort, and man-hours.
- It helps provide a better overall customized experience for your customers.
- With Crisp’s chatbox builder, you can create a customized bot for your e-commerce website.
The Super Socializer is an all-in-one social login and sharing solution for WordPress. That allows you to configure comment sections, login, and share using their existing social accounts. Such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Amazon, Instagram, Yahoo, etc.
The Super plugin will help you increase your website’s engagement and traffic by making it easier for your visitors to log in and share content on their preferred social media platforms.
The Super Socializer also includes a powerful social sharing feature that allows your visitors to share your content on their favorite social networks.
With Super Socializer, you can rest assured that your website is fully optimized for social media.
- Super Socializer is compatible with the latest versions of WordPress and PHP.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant. GDPR is a requirement to operate in EU countries.
- Comes compatible with myCRED, which helps better manage referrals.
- It can be integrated with around 100 social networks.
- Icon customization option.
- Full optimization for social media content sharing.
- Works seamlessly with HTTPS-enabled websites.
SmartLook is designed to help you increase your website’s traffic and conversion rate by providing you with an easy way to track your visitors’ behavior.
Which is an essential feature for improving your website’s intractability with modern screens and devices.
The SmartLook WordPress plugin is very easy to install and use. All you need to do is upload the plugin to your WordPress site and activate it.
Once activated, the plugin will start tracking your visitors’ behavior automatically.
You can see the results of the tracking in the form of “heatmaps” that show you where your visitors are clicking on your website.
Heatmaps can be very helpful in improving your website’s design and conversion rate. By optimizing parts of your website by sorting through the most and least interacted by customers.
- Seamless WooCommerce integration helps you boost sales.
- User session recordings, and timeline monitoring.
- Form Analytics to better understand user behavior.
- Integrated Heatmap to see which parts of your website are most interacted with by your customers.
- In-depth customer behavior tracking.
- Shopping process data to see where the users drop off without completing their purchase.
- Helps you improve your website’s design and conversion rate.
- Identify potential issues with your e-commerce layout and helps optimize it with accurate data.
To Wrap It Up,
And there you have it! These are our picks for the must-have WordPress plugins for eCommerce websites in 2024.
These plugins are geared toward helping you set up your e-commerce website with unique functionality, optimized business solutions, and responsive layouts for your store page.
With some of these plugins, you’ll be able to easily and seamlessly build and manage customer accounts, process refunds and returns, create a chatbot system, and more.
So what are you waiting for? Get started today and take your eCommerce website to the next level!
If you think that another productivity-driven WordPress plugin should get a mention in this roundup. And it’s essential for eCommerce websites in 2024, let us know in the comments below!
And we’ll be sure to feature it in our round-up.